As seen on The Rhode Show! These are one of my favorite recipes, and I eat them often. Sweet potatoes are a good healthy source of carbohydrates- I love to eat them either before or after a workout- they give me lots of energy.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut 2-3 sweet potatoes into thin slices or chunks, place them on a baking sheet or in a cast iron skillet.
3. Slice a medium white onion, add that to the potatoes.
4. Cover with sea salt and the fat of your choice- butter or lard (or both!). I like to use a half of a tsp of bacon fat with 2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter.
5. Put in the oven. While in the oven, stir occasionally, so that the fats covers all of the vegetables.
6. Cook for 45 minutes, or until they seem soft to you. Cool and eat, or put in a container and store for later.
This technique can be used for many other vegetables, like white potatoes, squash, eggplant, beets, zucchini- just check on them more often because the different veggies may not need the whole 45 minutes cook time.